“Aspire Global had continued growth during the second quarter; revenues increased by 14% to EUR 17.3 million (15.2), primarily driven by the B2B-segment which delivered impressive growth (19%) and strengthened company EBITDA by 29% to EUR 3.6 million (2.8)”, says CEO Tsachi Maimon.
Interim period (Jan-June 2017)
• Revenue increased by 9% to MEUR 33.4 (30.6)
• B2B Revenue increased by 12% to MEUR 16.7 (15)
• EBIT amounted to MEUR 5.7 (5.2)
• EBITDA increased by 11% to MEUR 6.3 (6)
• EBITDA margin increased to 19% (18)
• Earning after tax amounted to MEUR 5.4 (5.6)
• Earnings per share after tax amounted to EUR 0.12 (0.13)
• First Time Depositors (FTDs) increased by 27% to 114 thousand (90)
Second quarter (Apr-June 2017)
• Revenue increased by 14% to MEUR 17.3 (15.2)
• B2B Revenue increased by 19% to MEUR 8.9 (7.5)
• EBIT amounted to MEUR 3.3 (2.6)
• EBITDA increased by 29% to MEUR 3.6 (2.8)
• EBITDA margin increased to 21% (18.4)
• Earnings after tax amounted to MEUR 2.9 (3.1)
• Earnings per share after tax amounted to EUR 0.06 (0.07)
• First Time Depositors (FTDs) increased by 39% to 60.3 thousand (43.4)
Significant events during and after the second quarter
• In May 2017, Aspire Global, re-domiciled to Malta. On May 23th 2017, the Company completed a 4:1 share split of its share capital and issued 31,495,740 new ordinary shares. In addition, on June 9th 2017 the Company changed its name from Aspire Global Limited to Aspire Global Plc.
• On May 18th 2017, the Company’s Board of directors declared a dividend of EUR 6 million (EUR 0.14 per share) which was paid during June 2017.
• On June 21st, 2017, Aspire Global Plc. held its Annual General Meeting in which Carl Klingberg and Fredrik Burvall were elected as members of the board. In addition, Carl Klingberg was elected as the Chairman of the board.
• After the quarter, on July 11th, 2017, Aspire Global was listed for trading on the NASDAQ First North Premier in Stockholm, Sweden. The Offering Price had been set to SEK 30 per share, corresponding to a value of the Company’s shares of SEK 1,323 million after the completion of the Offering. The offering was significantly over-subscribed and trading commenced on Tuesday July 11th.
• Neolotto Ltd, a company owned 38% by Aspire Global, has been granted a nationwide license in Germany for charity lotteries. Shareholders in Neolotto have on 30 August 2017 decided to grant NeoLotto a convertible loan of €4,500 thousand for exploring this business potential already in 2017. Aspire Global’s part of the convertible loan amounts to € 2,250 thousand.
Letter from the CEO
Aspire Global had continued growth during the second quarter; adding 60.3 thousand new users (FTDs) and two new partners as well as completing a comprehensive overhaul of our proprietary brand Karamba.com. In addition, five new brands were launched and four additional casino brands were migrated to our own platform. Revenues for the second quarter increased by 14% to EUR 17.3 million (15.2), primarily driven by the B2B-segment which delivered impressive growth and strengthened Company EBITDA by 29% to EUR 3.6 million (2.8).
A new chapter
Aspire Global’s story began over a decade ago; as a B2C gaming brand. Today, we offer a unique B2B solution; operating with six licenses and more than 60 iGaming brands, with 140 dedicated employees in Malta and Israel. We are appreciated for our result focused approach; most recently demonstrated during the intense IPO-process where we put vigorous efforts in to presenting Aspire Global to potential investors in the Swedish capital market. The response was overwhelming and I believe the excessive interest for subscribing to our shares confirms a high level of confidence in our strategy, unique offering and strong potential. We will do are foremost to meet the great expectations, starting with the second quarter performance.
Continued strong growth
Both business segments had continued growth in deposits and revenues, especially the B2B-segment where previous year’s deals contributed significantly to growth and increase in profitability for the Group as a whole. We launched five new brands and migrated four additional casino brands from two competing platforms to our own platform. These brands now operate at full capacity, demonstrating the strength of our platform, which is promising for similar events going forward. We also completed the initial integration of Minotauro Media; our first acquisition in which we obtained a stake of 30%. By acquiring operators and migrating their brands to our own platform, we wish to increase revenue, scale benefits and cash flows which could finance the remaining stake in partially acquired targets. We continue the integration of Minotauro Media, while staying open to similar attractive opportunities in line with our strategy.
Since 2014 Aspire Global has focused on strengthening its position within the industry by developing and improving its B2B offering as well as growing the proprietary brands. Aspire Global has during this time managed to generate strong growth with very limited marketing expenditure towards new partners; achieving a compound annual growth rate in deposits of 30% and Net Gaming Revenue (NGR) of 22% since 2013. The company is now in a position to leverage on the strong platform and position established during the last few years to accelerate Aspire Global’s growth; organically and through M&A. We are pleased to welcome so many new shareholders on this journey.
Tsachi Maimon, CEO
For the complete report: https://www.aspireglobal.com/investors/financial-reports-and-presentations/
For further information, please contact:
Tsachi Maimon, CEO, Tel: +356-79777898 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Motti Gil, CFO, Tel: +972-73 372 3154 or email: email@example.com
About this information
Aspire global discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities markets Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication by the contact person above at 08:00 am (CET) on August 31th, 2017.
About Aspire Global
Founded in 2005, Aspire Global offers a comprehensive iGaming solution for operators and white labels, including a complete suite of services for casino and sportsbook, multilingual CRM, payments and risk control, support call centre, VIP management, acquisition optimisation and a robust, market-leading platform. Aspire Global also holds licences in regulated markets including the UK, Denmark, Belgium, Italy and Malta. Aspire Global is listed on NASDAQ First North Premier under ASPIRE. Certified Adviser: Pareto Securities AB, Stockholm, Sweden.